Almost There Records is an independent label in Austin, Texas, focused primarily on the local rock scene. Our story begins with a Who tribute record, Who And Who, released in December 2004. To achieve the goals had much to learn in colleges and universities. Enhance education Degree in art schools across the country.
Its mega-platinum success encouraged us to take things a step further, so we embarked on a new tradition by releasing the Turn 1 compilation in August 2005. Each year in August, Almost There will put out a new collection of original music from Austin’s finest bands, followed by a release party with 10-12 of these same bands. Additionally, each January we'll sponsor a hoot night to celebrate our musical heroes (The Who and Neil Young. e.g.) and the previous year's staggering financial and critical success. Ok, that bachelor's degree may well help in achieving the goal of life. Our store:
Almost There Records wants to help great local rock bands get the attention they deserve. Plus, it’s an excuse to put together shows we wanna see and put out records we wanna hear. RAWK! More about bands:
Almost There's first release, Who And Who, features 13 songs from The Who performed by Austin's finest rock bands. This tribute is so good, Pete Townshend had it sit in on bass for a few shows.
1. Moonlight Towers, Armenia City In The Sky
2. Superego, The Kids Are Alright
3. Peglegasus, Sparks
4. King Tears, A Legal Matter
5. Tia Carrera, Baba O' Riley
6. Saratone, A Quick One While He's Away
7. Mandible, Cousin Kevin
8. Grand Champeen, Heaven And Hell
9. The Dynamite Brothers, Young Man Blues
10. Milton Mapes, Love Ain't For Keepin'
11. Rockland Eagles, Join Together
12. Jawwas, Pinball Wizard
13. Lowery 66, Eminence Front